Friday 26 October 2012

You're Invincible Tonight

On November 21, 2010, I installed last.fm for Winamp. For those who don't know, last.fm is a program/website that tracks the music you listen to. Since installing it, I've listened to some 11,035 tracks on my computer. And yes, you read the first sentence correctly. I use Winamp. Classic.


There are at least 4 known benefits associated with using Winamp:

1. Simplicity.
2. People are like "whoah" when they see it on your computer.
3. Awesome visualizations which can run on your desktop.


4. Most people don't know how to navigate Winamp, so there is very little risk of playlist hijacking at parties.

Anyhow, I was talking about last.fm. A great feature about the program is that it tells you what music you actually listen to. It's empirical, yo. 

A weakness: last.fm doesn't say much about the albums you prefer.... and this got me thinking. What albums have I listened to most in my life? A few come to mind: Beautiful Midnight, The Human Equation, The Dark Side of the Moon, Third Eye Blind, Live in Chicago. There's also Ben Folds Live. This album seriously rocks and dominated my ears for at least sixty play-throughs in the mid-2000s.


All this is to say that Ben Folds Five (the 3-piece piano band from Northern California) has reunited. The band broke up in 2000, so it's a pretty big deal. 

Their new single is a studio-d up version of a live improv from a show they did a few months back. True story. I'm hoping the new album is worth at least 70 plays. :)

Oh yeah! Here's the song (sans-Fraggle Rock)!!!!! DO IT ANYWAY
TURN IT UP!


No comments:

Post a Comment